Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back to School, Back to School.

It sure was difficult going back - not just for us. We were supposed to get a new schedule this week, but that never materialized. We shall see if it comes out for tomorrow or not - this could wreak havoc on my planning. Grades are due this week and I am starting a couple new projects. It will be a busy, chaotic week. Once again.

Last week went ok. The first years are definitely getting busier, and the second years calmed down a little as I introduced a new system. Now they get points for their work attitude. I update a spreadsheet throughout the hour so they have instant feedback on how they are working. This seems to help so far. Next week we will have a test, and we shall see how they do. I am slowly improving the way things are going, but I don't have many options or much time to fix things. I would like to develop a nice project for the first years about cars, but I don't know that there will be time. The school also wants me to take on extra responsibilities, which I would like to do, but I am not sure where the time would come from.

On Thursday, we had a nice time at the Kunsthal (where a few masterpieces were recently stolen) with the entire Wolfert school group. We were given a nice little tour explaining some of the art - this was necessary for Naomi and I. The guide did a good job. In spite of our exhaustion, we had a nice time. This weekend is one of recovery (typical), and lots of sleep. We also bought plane tickets for the summer to Chicago...hopefully we can arrange some transportation. Naomi is having a tough time with the Mono. Hopefully she begins to get some energy back soon as the days get longer...we saw the sun yesterday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment