This week started out quite restfully. I had my second year students on Monday and Tuesday for the last time. The lessons were taught together with our former team leader, Wim, who will be taking over the classes. It was really nice teaching with him because the kids were not misbehaving at all.
Now that the schedule was fixed so that the second years are in the same room with good time intervals, I figured the time was ripe to do a project. Especially because Wim is passionate about projects and does them really well. I was a bit shocked to hear him say that he preferred having the classes for two hours at a time instead of one, so he wasn't really sure about making a project happen. This made me feel pretty proud of the job I have done this year!
I didn't hear about my new schedule at Wolfert Bilingual for this coming Monday and Tuesday until Thursday morning. Apparently the director failed to communicate that I was coming, and it turns out I am scheduled to start straight away Monday morning. This gave me some stress as I had 8 straight hours to teach on Thursday, followed by 3 hours of Dutch lessons. On Friday I had another 8 straight hours of teaching (during which I was forced to do prep work) but I was able to arrange an appointment with the teacher I will be taking over from right after school on Friday. He was very helpful, and nice, and after that we had a friend over for a drink.
This was all so exhausting that Saturday was pretty much a day of rest. Hopefully today will be better. We plan to go to the gym and then to Edith's birthday party in Amsterdam. It looks like the sun is wanting to come out, so that would be a great source of energy for me!
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment