Sunday, August 30, 2020

Becoming Habitats

We finally discovered why Naomi has been complaining about an itchy neck for the past few weeks. They checked her for it at the doctor's office, but couldn't find anything. She has lice. So do the two girls. Probably brought them back from Italy. Did the whole shampoo/combing routine yesterday, and Naomi is washing everything today. Definitely didn't need an extra pile of work before starting school, but okay.

I got a bit more work for by business this week. A returning client wants me to put together a few more small things. Nice to have another job to do! I would also like to wrap up the sink cabinet for upstairs. Just needs to be finished and put together.

Amazing how many iterations were necessary to come up with a reliable depth gauge for our pond cistern in the garden, but I think this latest rendition is the one that will last. The system seems to be working well now and the fish, frogs and plants are all happy. Now to put in a compost pile. I made a cage for it, but I don't know if it will need to be more enclosed or not.

The girls had their birthday party with friends on Friday. They had a lot of fun. After presents and cake, they played games at the school and then made their own pizzas. They each invited four friends and the groups didn't get along the best. Amélie's group was a lot younger and quieter. Abigail invited two really great friends (one of them the only boy at the party), but the other two hopefully won't continue to be friends for much longer. We shall see how this school year goes.

Our first Sunday morning tennis session at the Bosrand.



Final(?) versions of the logo. I am happy with it. Got some new software and started from scratch.



Party fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment